Beauty on a Mountaintop

Beauty on a Mountaintop

Monday, October 24, 2016

This week's goals

I can't believe it's Monday again! Last week passed so quickly with Tristan being home, we did so much relaxing and enjoying and spending time together. The girls' moods were brighter, their attitudes better, and it was just SO nice. I didn't finish everything on my list from last week, and some of it will need to get done this week, so you may notice some repeats! I wanted to start this week off by getting up early and having 'me' time where I exercise and then read my Bible. Last night I set the alarm for 5:30, but when 5:30 rolled around and my alarm went off  my brain said "nope!" so I turned it off and didn't get up until 7. I guess I'm not quite ready for an early morning routine like that. Bummer. I'll do these things this week instead:


  • Carve pumpkins with the kids (Tristan suggested we do Larry the cucumber and Bob the tomato from Veggie Tales- I will post pics when we finish!)
  • Bake pumpkin seeds (yumyumyumyum)
  • Laundry (I'm down to about 1/3 of a laundry mountain ;)
  • Go to a local farm and get produce
  • Buy Christmas presents (I've got the shopping itch bad at the moment)
  • Make a fall/pumpkin/jack-o-lantern inspired craft with the kids (any suggestions??)
  • Shine my kitchen sink (this has been quite neglected lately)
  • Read to the girls at bedtime (we're currently reading Stuart Little)
  • Rearrange the furniture (okay, I probably won't actually do this, but I'm kind of in the mood to)
  • Vacuum. Twice. 
  • Start a new art project (I'm thinking a painting - maybe one with words!)
  • Read voting pamphlet - I like to make sure I know a bit of both sides of all the issues that I'll be voting on
  • Exercise during the day
  • Bible and prayer time
  • Prep the house for a weekend visitor!
Oh I have an exciting week ahead of me! I think I'll go dive in, starting with that sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment