Beauty on a Mountaintop

Beauty on a Mountaintop

Monday, October 17, 2016

This week's goals

I can't believe it's Monday again already! This week is a special week for us because my husband has the week off of work! His hard earned vacation time will be enjoyed as a stay-cation. So this week, most of my goals will be centered around enjoying our family time.


  • Take the dog to the dog park together (we first met at a dog park :) )
  • Go to a farm and get some produce
  • Bible study daily
  • Grocery and household shopping (I might even get to go sans kids!)
  • Carve pumpkins with the kids
  • Bake pumpkin seeds
  • Finish up my commissioned drawing (I'll be doing a post with some of my artwork soon!)
  • Exercise
  • Watch a movie with my hubby (haven't done this in ages)
  • Laundry, laundry, laundry (just all the time)
  • Meal plan the next two weeks
  • Day-Date with Tristan while our big girls are at school and our little girls are napping

I don't always complete everything on my weekly list, but creating a list still helps me so much. It gives my life focus and direction. It puts me in a position where I'm leading my life, and not just reacting to my life. It helps me know where I'm going and where my family is going, because I'm able to see what we are choosing to give our time to. 

Creating a weekly goals list is like an architect designing before building. If all you ever did was get out there and put one brick on top of another brick and next to another brick, you're more likely to end up with a wall than a castle. If you want to build a castle it takes two things: Plans or designs for a castle that lay out where each brick will go, and it takes you getting out there every day and laying those bricks where your plan says to. 

Now that I have my plan, I'm off to start laying brick. Mighty things are built with small acts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment